COVID-19 UPDATE: 4/6/20
We are no longer allowing shelter walk-ins. Everybody MUST have an appointment before entering the shelter. There will be no appointments after 4 p.m. on weekdays and noon on Saturdays.
• If your pet has gone missing, please visit the lost pet section. In the event you believe you see your pet online, please call the shelter with the ID of the pet and make an appointment.
• If you see a pet that you’d like to adopt, please make an appointment over the phone with the ID of the pet.
• If we do not answer the phone, please leave a voicemail with your name and phone number. We WILL call you back as soon as possible.
• After you have made your appointment, please knock on the door. We will answer the door.
• Call 972-205-3570 to make an appointment. For questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For more information on animal care and COVID-19, please read FAQs provided by Texas Animal Health Commission. COVID-19 FAQs
Abe J. Tuggle Animal Shelter & Adoption Center
How to Contact Us
For service request calls, please call our Dispatch office at 972-205-3570, press 1. The Garland Control Center is operated 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Garland Control Center will dispatch all calls to Garland Animal Services staff between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. daily and between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. for emergencies.
For shelter staff, please call 972-205-3570, press 4. If you are forwarded to our voicemail during regular business hours it most likely means we are very busy. Please leave a clear detailed message with your name, phone number and the reason for your call. Our voicemail is checked frequently during normal business hours and calls will be returned as soon as possible. Common questions include:
- Questions about live animal traps
- Questions about lost or found animals
- Questions about surgery or appointment times
- Questions on an impound or quarantine
If you would like to donate towards the care of Garland’s animal, you may write a check payable to City of Garland – Animal Shelter Fund and mail it to:
P.O. Box 469002
Garland, Texas 75046-9002
After Hours Emergencies
Animal Service Officers are available for emergencies only between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m. Examples of after hour emergencies include:
- All situations relating to animal bites
- Calls concerning animals "dead in the roadway" shall only be handled after hours only if they constitute a traffic hazard
- Calls involving wild or dangerous animals that present an imminent threat to public health or safety
- Calls regarding animals exhibiting symptoms of rabies
- Calls reporting exotic and potentially dangerous animals running at large
- Loose livestock calls
- Sick or injured animals