Search for AR book titles using authors, topics, or titles of books
- Advanced search allows you to add the interest level and ATOS level
- Finding a book in the AR List does not mean the Garland Public Library owns it – you still need to check the Library catalog.
Credo is an easy-to-use tool for research, homework, and other reference needs. Gather background information on your topic from over one thousand full-text encyclopedias and subject handbooks, as well as 500,000+ images and audio files and over 1,000 videos. The Complete Core Collection is the ultimate general reference resource for researchers at any level. Curated by subject-matter experts to address over 100 topics, the Complete Core Collection provides a launch pad for every lifelong learner. Complete Core offers a growing list of over 1,100 titles to help users answer their immediate research need and engage their curiosity.
Content – from major reference works, to multi-volume subject encyclopedias, to field guides, to scholarly handbooks, to animations and countless other award-winning sources – spans across all disciplines with something for libraries of all types. Also included are nearly 2,000 short reference videos, more than 550,000 high-resolution art images, photographs and maps across all subject areas.
Explora provides easy-to-use features and reliable content from the world’s leading magazines and reference books. Available on library computers and from mobile devices.
Easy-to-browse categories organized by popular topic:
- Current events
- Social studies
Explora offers the following content and features:
- Topic Overviews that provide users with a starting point for research
- Primary source documents, news articles, and Associated Press videos
- Text-to-Speech for HTML articles to assist struggling readers or those learning English
- No ads or pop-up windows
- COPPA compliancy, meaning EBSCO does not ask for or require personal information to use its databases
- Password-protected personal folders that allow users to save search results in a secure and organized holding area
- Citation help, including the ability to export citation information to online bibliography generators such as EasyBib and NoodleTools
Provides students with easy-to-read encyclopedic entries written specifically for elementary and middle school students.
- Over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas for K-6th graders
- This is part of the Primary Search and Middle Search Plus databases.
Gale Virtual Reference Library is a database of encyclopedias, specialized reference tools and informational resources that all ages can benefit from using. These reference materials once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely from home or school 24/7.
- Popular reference and informational titles in a digital eBook format
- Cross-searchable and printable as PDF's
- No need to checkout – just use it
- No waiting – unlimited simultaneous access
We have over a thousand titles to choose from. Many have been grouped into collections to make it easier to use them. Key titles have also been listed separately.
Focuses on the relationship between human beings and the environment
- Offers a unique perspective on the positive and negative ways humans affect the ecology
- Includes scholarly and general interest titles, as well as government documents and reports
Available 7 days a week from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. for all Library cardholders
- No wait times for connecting to a tutor
- No cutoff time: the tutor stays with you until you understand
- Homework Help: if you have a problem to solve
- Live Skills Building: for help with a topic or concept you need to catch-up or brush up on.
- Writing Lab: get live writing assistance or, better yet, submit your work for a full critique within 24 hours.
- Test Center: test prep with instant scoring. Share your results with a tutor for targeted skills building.
- 24/7 Help: submit your questions anytime and the tutor will reply within 24 hours
- Study & Collaborate: Use Brainwave™ to record comments and explanations to archive and share; use Flashbulb™ to create flashcards or select from a vast library to study with; use Meet™ to set up live tutoring sessions in the Brainfuse online classroom with friends, colleagues, teachers, etc. Study, collaborate and record your sessions for future playback.
- Foreign Language Center: tutoring for your foreign language homework
- Learning Account: create an account to view past sessions, access your Message Center, Tests, Calendar, and Brainwaves.
- Full Spanish-speaking services
- For more information visit the
This collection brings together the most acclaimed literary series representing a range of modern and historical views on authors and their works across regions, eras and genres. More than 200,000 essays provide both critical perspectives and in-depth contextual information needed to understand the social, political and historical implications of a work. Take advantage of this great online resource — which matches the exact look and feel of the print series.
Titles in the digital collection:
- Contemporary Literary Criticism
- Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism
- Nineteenth-Century Literature Criticism
- Shakespearean Criticism
- Poetry Criticism
- Short Story Criticism
- Drama Criticism
Drawing on the acclaimed Greenhaven Press series, Opposing Viewpoints In Context features continuously updated viewpoints, topic overviews, full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, statistics, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites organized into a user-friendly portal experience. This cross-curricular research database supports science, social studies, current events, and language arts classes. Informed, differing views help learners develop critical-thinking skills and draw their own conclusions.
Opposing Viewpoints In Context is a rich resource for debaters and includes pro/con viewpoints, reference articles, interactive maps, infographics, and more. A category on the National Debate Topic provides quick and easy access to content on frequently studied and discussed issues. Periodical content covers current events, news and commentary, economics, environmental issues, political science, and more.
A comprehensive, cross-curricular database featuring current, relevant, organized, and easy-to-read information from the U*X*L product line.
- Quick access to accurate information for middle school students
- Cultures, government, people, U.S. history, sports, world history, geography, literature, science, and social issues – including nearly 300 topic pages and overviews on the subjects and social issues most studied by and relevant to middle school users as well as science experiments and contextual information for key works and documents
- Books, images, biographies, audio, video, magazines, newspapers, creative works, primary sources, and more
- Thorough, in depth entries from Gale, UXL, and Lucent titles and content from leading sources like National Geographic, Scholastic, NPR, NASA, AP Video News, and others
- Students get the speed and flexibility they need to grow from Web surfers to sophisticated researchers.
Gale's Science in Context is an engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information on hundreds of today's most significant science topics.
- Millions of full-text articles are drawn from hundreds of national and global newspapers, magazines, and journals.
- More than 200 experiments and projects from U*X*L Experiment Central provide practical experience.
- Content is aligned to National and State Science standards, including Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and Project 2061.
Reference content from Gale and its publishing partners includes top titles such as:
- Computer Sciences
- Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine
- Gale Encyclopedia of Science
- World of Chemistry
- And many more.
Multimedia: thousands of images, videos, and audio selections from authoritative sources.
A Texas specific product designed specifically for school and public libraries
- Periodicals, reference books, reports, and other content relevant to the state of Texas
- Over 100 full-text reference books
Student researchers can explore current events, social, political and economic issues, scientific discoveries and other popular topics frequently discussed in the classroom. TOPICsearch contains full text for tens of thousands of articles from diverse sources.
- Book Reviews
- Government Information
- Public Opinion Polls
- International Newspaper