Third-Party Special Event Permit
The Application Process is as follows:
- Complete the application in its entirety and submit the application with the applicable processing fee no less than 45 business days prior to the event date. Incomplete applications and applications submitted under the 45 business day timeline will not be accepted.
- To complete the application the following is required:
- Certificate of Insurance
- Nonprofit Certificate - 501©3,4,6 (if applicable)
- Event Flyer (if applicable)
- Mitigation Strategy Plan - this plan is a combination of mitigation resources and strategic plans to implement at your event to reduce or limit exposure as much as possible. See our guidelines under the Special Event Resources.
- Event Site Plan - Example - Must include the following:
- Activities location - i.e. Car Show, Fireworks, Games, Kids Area, Other Activities
- First Aid/Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Food, Beverage, Merchandise Vendor(s) location (if applicable)
- Parking Areas
- Restroom(s) location
- Route Map / Traffic Plan (create your map here)
- Stage(s) - type, location and dimensions including height (if applicable)
- Street Closures / Barricades - If using the Downtown Square, determine street closures
- Tents - Number, sizes and location
- A Preliminary email will be sent to the applicant acknowledging the receipt of the application and if there are any further details needed for submission.
- Upon receipt of the completed application, the Special Events Office will forward to various City Departments and the Special Event Committee to review and coordinate the required City Services needed/requested for the event.
- Depending on the type of event, the applicant may be required to obtain additional permits and pay the subsequent fees associated with your event.
- Your event will not be approved until all required forms are submitted and any applicable fees are paid.
- Upon final approval by the Special Events Committee and City Departments, a permit is issued and will include certain conditions and/or restrictions for which the applicant will be responsible to meet.
The submission of the Special Event Permit Application must be online and required no less than 45 business days prior to the event date. Applications submitted under this timeline will not be processed.
To utilize the Downtown Square and its adjacent streets, you must complete the Special Event Permit Application online.
You may find additional resources, i.e. Downtown Square Map, street closure maps, to attach to your special event permit application as your event site plan. These are available under "Special Event Resources".
Click the link above to fill out the Third Party Special Event Permit. Please be as detailed as possible so that we may help you become approved. Let us know if you have any questions.